Quality Control Inspector
Location:Peel Park Campus, East Kilbride
CCL Design is a leading global supplier of product and identification solutions. At CCL Design we manufacture and design branding components, security products, informational and intelligent labelling products for high growth sectors of the global electronics market.
Purpose of Role
We now have an entry level vacancy for a Quality Control Inspector reporting directly to the UK Quality Manager. The purpose of this position will be to carry out Customer AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) inspection for critical parts (labels) as an integral part of the quality control process, support process auditing and data entry on various databases.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Inspect sample parts to Inspection Criteria
- Adherence to work instructions and job documentation at all times
- Take sample parts from batch as per AQL sampling plan
- Data entry
- Maintain and assist in continual feedback loop that enhances information and develops team skill base with particular regard to any identified product failures
- Escalate issues to Quality Engineer/Quality Manager/Production personnel as appropriate
Co-ordinate with production and logistics personnel to ensure customer shipment dates are met
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Whilst previous experience in an inspection / manufacturing role may be advantageous, the following skill-set is preferable:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good numeracy skills (minimum of National 4 or equivalent)
- Competent IT skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work on own and prioritise workload
- Good teamwork skills
- Customer focused skills
Hours of Work: The role is shift based operating from 6:30 to 22:50 on an alternate early shift / back shift pattern. Flexibility will be required to modify this during periods of high customer demand.
All applicants will be subject to a basic Disclosure check and must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.