CCL Design is a leading global supplier of product and identification solutions. At CCL Design we manufacture and design branding components, security products, informational and intelligent labelling products for high growth sectors of the global electronics market.
We now have a vacancy for a Customer Quality Control Operator reporting directly to the Quality Manager.
The purpose of this position will be to:
- Carry out Customer AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) Inspection for critical parts as an integral part of the quality control process.
- Work with production and logistics teams to ensure on time delivery to customer.
- Support process auditing.
- Data entry on various databases.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Inspect sample parts to Inspection Criteria, following AQL sampling plan.
- Use numeracy skills to confirm yield data and label count accuracy.
- Data entry, whilst completing customer quality reports.
- Maintain and assist in continual feedback loop in relation to product failure.
- Escalate issues to Quality / Production personnel as appropriate.
- Adherence to work instructions and job documentation at all times.
- Maintain good housekeeping to a 5S standard.
- Identify workload priorities to ensure no customer shipments delayed.
- Develop best practices and methods for inspection.
- Understand and fully adhere to CCL’s Quality Policy.
Authority and responsibility:
CQC operators have the authority to directly stop any process which could result in non-confirming product.
CQC operators have the responsibility to highlight any areas of concern within or out with their own environment regarding non-conforming product.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Numeracy (minimum SQA Nat 4 level or equivalent).
- Strong communication skills (including written and verbal English language).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Customer focused skills.
- Previous experience in an Inspection role.
- Technical background in printing.
- Understanding of quality systems / KPIs.
- Experience of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques/quality tools.
- Auditing skills.
Hours of Work: The role is shift based operating from 6:30 to 22:50 on an alternate early shift / back shift pattern. Flexibility will be required to modify this during periods of high customer demand.
Training in the role will be provided and there will be opportunities to grow within the department.
All applicants will be subject to a basic Disclosure check and must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note that due to levels of response, only successful applicant will be contacted.
We respectfully ask no agencies to contact us regarding this vacancy.